Yi-chih Chan, Research Fellow
Research Fellow: Yi-Chih Chan
Ph.D., Child Language, The University of Kansas (United States)
Research interests: First language acquisition, reading development, psycholinguistics
- Chan, Y.-C. & Yang, Y.-J. (2018). Early reading development in Chinese-speaking children with hearing loss. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 23(1), 50-61.
- Chan, Y.-C. & Lee, H.-Y. (2016).Auditory-Verbal Therapy as an Example for Improving Language Ability of Pre-school Children with Hearing Loss. Chinese Scientific Journal of Hearing and Speech Rehabilitation, 14(3), 217-219.
- Chan, Y.-C. (2016). The Relationship between Metalinguistic Awareness and Reading Comprehension in Chinese-speaking Children with Hearing Loss. Paper presented at the 7th Conference of Child Development and Family Studies at Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan.
- Chan, Y.-C., Hung, Y.-C., Yang, Y.-J., & Lee, Y.-J. (2018, November)Assessing hearing through speaking: A Mandarin oral reading assessment for children with hearing loss. Paper presented at Hong Kong Speech and Hearing Symposium 2018, Hong Kong.
- Chan, Y.-C., & Yang, Y.-J., (2018, November). The relationship between shared book reading and language development in children with hearing loss. Paper presented at 2018 International Conference of Reading and Therapeutic Facilitation Dogs. Pingtung, National Pingtung University.
- Li, P-.C., Hung, Y.-C., Wang, W.-J., & Chan, Y.-C. (2018, June). Text Analyzer for Efficient Generation of Mandarin Oral Reading Test Materials for Hearing Impaired Children. 29th Congress of Union of The European Phoniatricians, Helsinki, Finland.
- Chan, Y.-C., Yang, Y.-J., Lee, Y.-J., & Hung, Y.-C.（2017, November）。Chinese word recognition in children with hearing loss. Paper presented at the 16th International Congress of Early Intervention Professionals for Children with Developmental Delays, Taichung, Taiwan.
- Chan, Y.-C., & Yang, Y.-J. （2017, October）。The development of phonological and morphological awareness in children with cochlear implants. Paper presented at 2017 Taiwanese Psychological Association Annual Convention and the international Convention of Learning, Teaching, and Assessment, Chiayi, Taiwan.
- Chan, Y.-C., Hung, Y.-C., & Yang, Y.-C. (2017, September). Predicting Listening Comprehension in Chinese-speaking Children with Hearing Loss. 10th Asia Pacific Conference of Speech, Language, and Hearing, Narita, Japan.
- Chan, Y.-C. (2016, November). An Exploratory Analysis of Reading Development in Chinese-Speaking Children With Hearing Loss. 2016 ASHA Convention, Philadelphia, US.
- Chan, Y.-C. & Yang, Y.-J. (2016, October). Factors Affecting Vocabulary Acquisition of Chinese-speaking Children with Hearing Loss. The 55th Annual Convention of Taiwanese Psychological Association and International Psychological Conference. Tainan, Taiwan
- Chan, Y.-C. (2016, May). An Exploration of Initial Reading Development in Children with Hearing Loss Based on the Simple View of Reading. 2016 International Conference of Special Education. Minsyong Campus, National Chiayi University, Taiwan.
- Chan, Y.-C. & Yang, Y.-J. (2016, March). An Analysis of the Difference in Reading Development between Low-graders with and without Hearing Loss. 2016Annual Conference of Taiwan Academy for Learning Disabilities. Nantou County, Taiwan.
- Chan, Y.-C.(2018, July). Fostering precursor skills to word reading of children with hearing loss. The Hearing Journal, p. 14-16.
- Chan, Y.-C.（2018, May）。Preparation for inclusive education in pre-schools：The importance of shred book reading. Children’s Hearing Foundation Biannual Journal, 33.