Ming Lo, Research Fellow
Ph.D., Psychology, National Taiwan University (Taiwan)
Research interests: psychological and brain processes in language development and learning, computational analysis of Mandarin corpora, computer-assisted learning
Lo, M., Lin, Y. X., & Li, Y. J. (2021). Cognitive workload in an auditory digit span task when memory span is in the neighborhood of seven items. Journal of Psychophysiology. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1027/0269-8803/a000282
Lo, M., Lin, Y.-X., Chen, S.-Y., Chen, P.-H., & Lin, C.-Y. (2019). Auditory memory span in Mandarin-speaking preschoolers with congenital hearing loss: Impact of task structure, The Clinical Neuropsychologist, 33(S1), 75-95, https://doi.org/10.1080/13854046.2019.1624828
- Lo, M & Chen, P.H. (2017). Working Memory Capacity as a Factor Influencing the Relationship between Language Outcome and Rehabilitation in Mandarin-Speaking Preschoolers with Congenital Hearing Impairment. Front. Psychol. 8:357. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00357
- Lo, M., Li, Y. J., Lin, Y. X., Chen, S. Y., Chen, P. H., & Lin, C. Y. (2020, Dec.). Relationship between short-term memory error patterns and language performance in children with hearing loss. Paper presented at 2020 Annual Convention of Taiwan Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Abstract
- Chang, S.-T., Hong, H.-M., Lo, M., Chang, Y., Lin, K.-J., & Lin, Y.-X. (2020, Nov.). The Information Needs of Hearing-Impaired Children’s Parents: Exploring the Similarities and Differences Before and After Enrolling in Auditory-Verbal Intervention Program. Poster presented at the 21th International Conference and Workshops of Early Intervention for Child Development, Taichung, Taiwan. Abstract
- Lo, M., Lin, Y. X., Hue, C. W., Chen, P. H., & Lin, C. Y. (2019, August). Correlations Between the Results of a Vocabulary Competence Test with that of a Short-term Memory Capacity Test and a Non-verbal Reasoning Test: Data from Children with Hearing Loss. The 31st World Congress of the International Association of Logopedics and Phoniatrics (IALP). Taipei, Taiwan.Abstract
- Lo, M., Lin, Y. X., Lin, G. S.-F., Ma, Y.-C J. & Yu, Y. C. (2018, November). Semantic content of mental lexicon of Mandarin-speaking toddlers with congenital and bilateral hearing loss. Paper presented at 2018 International Conference of Taiwan Education Research Association (TERA 2018). Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Abstract
- Lo, M., Lin, Y. X., Chen, S. Y., Chen, P. H., & Lin, C. Y. (2018, October). Language performance and short-term memory span in Mandarin-speaking preschoolers with bilateral hearing impairment: A comparison between two approaches to memory span measurement. Paper presented at The 17th Conference on the Processing of East Asian Languages (ICPEAL17). Taipei, Taiwan. Abstract
- Chen, P. H., Chang, H. W., Lo, M., Huang, W. C., & Liu, T. W. (2018, June). Applying item response theory to screen hearing using an adaptive mandarin word recognition test. Paper presented at The Hearing across Lifespan Conference (HeAL 2018). Como, Italy. Abstract
- Chen, P. H., Chang, H. W., Huang, W. C., & Lo, M. (2018, October). Clinical validity and efficiency of an adaptive Mandarin word recognition test applied for hearing screening. Poster session presented at World Congress of Audiology 2018 (WCA). Cape Town, South Africa. Abstract
- Lo, M., & Lin, Y.-X. (2017, December). Semantic growth in vocabulary learning of toddlers with hearing impairment. Paper presented at 2017 Annual Convention of Taiwan Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Lo, M., & Lin, Y. X. (2017, September). Acquisition of Chinese Classifiers by Preschoolers with Congenital Hearing Impairment: Influences of Linguistic and Cognitive Factors. Paper presented at the 11th International Conference on Cognitive Science (ICCS 2017). Taipei, Taiwan.
- Lo, M., Chen, P. H., Fu, J. T. & Lin, Y. X. (2016, November). Vocabulary Learning of Toddlers with Hearing Impairment: Concrete Words Are Not Acquired Equally. Paper presented at the 2016 International Conference of Asia-Pacific Educational Research Association & Taiwan Education Research Association (APERA-TERA 2016). Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Abstract
- Lo, M., Chen, P. H., & Lin, Y. X. (2016, October). The Relationship between Working-Memory Span and Language Performance in Mandarin Children with Hearing Loss. Paper presented at The 55th Annual Convention of Taiwanese Psychological Association and International Psychological Conference. Tainan, Taiwan. Abstract
- Lo, M. (2018, January). A brief review of bi-lateral cochlear implantation: Effectiveness and age of implantation. Children’s Hearing Foundation Biannual Journal, 32, 8-11.